Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

Sonya Isaacs announces engagement..........

Hello Isaacs Friends!

I am very excited to announce that I am getting MARRIED!!! Many of you have been praying for this for years, and I just want to say thank you... God is so faithful!!

Most of you know I am a writer for Disney Music Publishing in Nashville during the week... My publisher has been booking me to write with new co-writers for about 6 months now... and early this summer, he booked me to write with Jimmy Yeary... a very successful writer in Nashville (He is also the lead singer with the band Shenandoah). We quickly discovered how much we have in common and learned that as kids we knew each other 20 years ago! Jimmy sang with his family "The Yeary Family" at the same tv show my family did as kids in Beattyville, Kentucky. He, being 4 years older than me, remembers it much better than I do as a 10 year old, but it was a heart warming discovery! Needless to say, we completely hit it off and here we are planning a wedding!!!!!

I have always heard the saying "when you know, you know!".. and I definitely know, without a doubt, that God has brought Jimmy and me together.

We plan to have a small private ceremony around Christmas time. I can't wait to start my new life with the man of my dreams! Thank you, Lord!

Best wishes!!
Sonya



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sonya from your friends in Iowa (Dr. Troy & Ro)!

Kelly said...

Many congratulations to you.. being married to your best friend is, well, the best!

Gina said...

Sonya and Jimmy.....what a gorgeous couple you two make. I told you a couple of weeks ago that he passed my test immediately. I can't wait to see all the little Yearys running around your ankles onstage! I love you both!

Beth E. said...

I'm very happy for you...congratulations!

carl said...

GREAT NEWS.........HE LOOKS LIKE A GREAT GUY. I JUST KNEW FROM THE GOD IS GOOD, GOD IS GREAT THAT A SOUL MATE WOULD BE ON THE HORIZON. CONGRATULATIONS SONYA!

A Wedding Story said...

Sonya, I am just elated for you! Congratulations to you both! I just love a wedding!

Judith said...

Best wishes for the both of you....I wish we could come to your wedding!!.....congratulations....

Love and blessings from Europe

Melody said...

Congratulations...Bring him to Myrtle Beach so we can meet him! I couldn't be happier for you!

Isaacs Fan!!! said...

Congratulations Sonya!!!!! Happy to hear it! May God bless you guys' life together. Can't wait to hear more! :)

Shirl said...

Blessings!!! May you spend the rest of your lives making beautiful music together!

Melody58 said...

Congratulations!!! Please bring him to Myrtle Beach so we can meet him! You make a gorgeous couple!!!

TrueBeliever said...

Eph. 5:21-31
21. Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26. That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27. That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30. For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Congrats, So happy for you both!

Anonymous said...

congratulation!!!very happy to hear it...and may the almighty God blesses you and your new patner..all the best in your future plan!!

The Adams Family said...

Congratulations, Sonya & Jimmy! Wow, how wonderful!
Since being "turned on" to The Isaacs (via Nathan F) I could not understand why such a beautiful, spiritual, talented woman was NOT married. May Our Heavenly Father pour out his blessings on you two as you start a new chapter in life.
Sincerely,
Carla, Anthony & Anna Adams
Kingsland, Ga.

hjm71 said...

I had the honor of meeting you two this past weekend in Myrtle Beach, SC. Sonya, my brother "Kirky", loves you to pieces! Jimmy...Kirky, who has Down's Syndrome, was the one who was stealing hugs and kisses from Sonya. Thanks Sonya for your love. God has blessed you in countless ways! Kirky prays daily for you. Best wishes to the both of you.

The Myers Family,
Helen, Jamye, Kirky and Janelle
Orangeburg, SC
themyerscrew@yahoo.com

sjc427 said...

CONGRATZ TO BOTH OF YOU AND MAY GOD KEEP BLESSING YOU ALL