Blog

Sunday, December 7, 2008

In Beautiful Virginia

We've arrived in Big Stone Gap, Virginia.   There's just a dusting of snow on the ground and a few flurries blowing.  It's beautiful, but bitter cold.  The Isaacs are singing here today in a church where they are invited back almost every year.  Everyone is looking forward to it.  

The three Gaither shows this week have been amazing.  Everyone has been  dressed in their Christmas colors and the music has just been magical.  When Ben, Sonya and Becky sing Away in a Manger you could hear a pin drop.  It's like angels singing.   Last night's program was really special. The Lord showed up and we had church right there in the arena.  It was such a great feeling.  

We have about a half day off and leave out again on Monday night for Lebanon, Missouri.  We have a long trip up north this week and probably lots of snow.  Prayers for safe travels would be appreciated.  

Love to you all!
Lisa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog and Twitter! It makes me feel like I'm there, too! Will definitely be praying for traveling mercies and the continued filling of the Holy Spirit. May God bless you,

Always,
In Christ,
Dee Stroud

gigi said...

Go forward in faith! Our prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

My name is Carolyn. I was at the concert in Roanoke, VA, last night.
I must say it was excellent. I am a huge fan of the Isaacs. Their music has brought me through many good times and bad. I commend them on another great performance. I love the many talents that the Isaacs brings to a show. Mostly, I feel the spirit of the Lord when they sing. May God continue to bless your music and the group.

TamTam said...

Thanks Lisa for taking us on this journey with you and the Isaacs. Sounds like things are going well. Stay safe and warm.
Love to you all,
Tammy

Beth E. said...

Praying for safe travel! :o)