Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Isaacs in North Carolina

by Lisa Hildreth

The Isaacs made an appearance in North Carolina on Saturday night.  Granite Falls was the place. A nice little town in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.  The day was warm, almost hot as the temperature was up around 75 degrees.  The stage was set and 6:00pm sharp The Isaacs entered the auditorium.  The rest is history........

When we arrived at the church around 4:00 The Isaacs were just finishing up their sound check. They had gotten a late start with set up as there was some confusion on the bus about what time the concert started.  Some thought 7:00pm but it was actually scheduled for 6:00pm.  They finished up and I went to the bus to catch up with Lily.  I got to listen to some rough recordings of their new acapella project.  I say rough because the songs haven't been mastered yet, but it didn't sound too rough to me.  It's gonna be amazing! I can't wait to have a copy in my hands and for each of you to have one also.  

Soon the bus got crowded as everyone came in to start getting dressed.  I made my way back to the auditorium to find my hubby who was chatting with my friend Gina and my other friend Carl Bagby.  The auditorium was filling up.  Final count for the night was over 900 people in attendance.  The concert was awesome.  One of the sweetest parts is when Lily came forward and shared her testimony.  I've said this before, but it always brings me to tears.  She is indeed a very special lady and her story is so special.  She is still working on her book about her life story and believe me it will be worth the wait.  

The Isaacs are gearing up for a trip to Ireland in a couple of weeks.  We'll be sure to have some blogging and photos from their trip.

Speaking of photos, Tracy Pyle shared these photos from Granite Falls last night.








1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey Isaacs! I will see you at your concert in Ballymena, Northern Ireland on the 20th! Can't wait. My family (bergefamily.com) saw you once before in Tennessee and loved it! So, if you are ever really bored around the first weekend in August and would just love to go to Minnesota and play at a family bluegrass festival, I know just the place! (www.familybluegrass.com) :)